Thursday, May 14, 2015

Student of the Month Story

Who - Sarah Nguyen
What - Student of the Month
Where - Bowie High School
When - April 20th, 2015
Why - For a newspaper article
How - Face to face conversation


On April 20th, 2015, I got the opportunity to interview the student of the month from James Bowie High School, Sarah Nguyen. 
Since she has never been student of the month before, she was really shocked to find out that she was.
Sarah has spent a lot of time helping out the younger students here at bowie. "Being part of my school's PALS program has really contributed to the student of the month achievement." Even though she's not a part of any clubs outside of school, she continues to be involved in school activities and keeps her grades up. "I have gotten straight A's every year since I've been here," Sarah told us. Her parents were extremely proud of her for achieving this award. "This is not something I was expecting and it's the biggest award I've ever gotten, so I think they were a little surprised when the envelope came in the mail," she laughed. All of her friends were super supportive of this accomplishment. "My friends came over with a cake, actually," Sarah told us. She has continued to strive in school and will continue to even though she's already been recognized for it. Lastly, she had some advice for the freshmen. "Always try to do better, try to participate in as many extracurricular activities as possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment