Monday, December 15, 2014

Final Exam Extra Credit

1. A man was trying to calm down a "harasser" and got pushed onto the train track. He tried to get up but wasn't able to lift himself onto the platform. 
2. The photographer said that he was trying to warn the driver by flashing his light but wasn't able to get the message through. 
3. I don't really think that he should have taken it when he definitely could have at least tried to lift him up. 
4. I definitely don't think that this is the best thing he could have done in this situation because it makes him seem like he cared more about the photo than he did about the man about to be killed. 
5. I think that they shouldn't have posted it because it makes me worry what the family thought of it. I know if it was someone I knew, I wouldn't want to see it. 
6. I think anyone with a good heart would put a humans life above their own job, however, most photojournalists these days may be too invested with their job. 
7. I think that it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if a photojournalist invested themselves in a situation because then it shows that they have compassion and human instincts to help, which is always important. 
8. I think it really depends on the situation, but a photographer should usually try and stay out of a situation unless someones life is being risked, then i think anyone would want to save them. 
9. I think this response (below), is the one that stood out the most to me because it just shows how invested in other peoples misery this world is. People only care about reading the story rather than feeling sorry for the family. 

"How tasteless of the NY Post to publish such a grusome picture for this mans family to see. No one helped this man there were numerous videos and pictures being snapped, yet not one person tried to help save him. Disgusting." 

No comments:

Post a Comment